Aeroshell® W100 Plus Engine Oil 55 GL Drum Part # 550050970 by Aeroshell
AeroShell Oil W 100 Plus is a single grade ash-less dispersant (AD) oil that brings together the best qualities of two of the country's best selling four-cycle aviation oils. It has the ash-less dispersant single grade performance found in AeroShell Oil W 100 Plus and the anti-wear/anti-corrosion additives of AeroShell Oil W 15W-50 multi-grade.Its advanced additives work against engine wear, rust and corrosion in a way no other single grade does. This oil is especially effective in protecting critical cam and lifters in all engines. It also has the following benefits:
- reduces engine wear and scuffing compared to traditional AD oils
- superior rust and corrosion protection
- compatibility with straight mineral oils, other single grade AD oils and AeroShell Oil W 15W-50
- keeps engines clean and free of sludge
- premixed with the Lycoming LW16702 additive technology
- four-stroke cycle certificated aircraft reciprocating piston engines, including fuel-injected and turbocharged
- most Lycoming and Continential opposed aircraft engines operated in mild to warm ambient temperatures
- radial engines during ambient weather conditions where a 100 grade oils is recommended
Specifications and Approvals:
- Lycoming Service Bulletin 446C and 471, plus Service Instruction 1409A
- SAE J 1899
- Continental recommended
- FAA Airworthiness Directive 80-04-03
AeroShell Oil W100 Plus and W80 Plus are the only single grade oils blended with this antiwear additive technology. That means that owners of Lycoming model engines, specified in the applicable service bulletin, don't have to add any supplemental additives to the oil.
AeroShell Oil W100 Plus and W80 Plus can be used in any certified engine, this includes: Lycoming; Continental; Pratt & Whitney radial and most radical, opposed or in-line engines.
AeroShell Oill W100 Plus and W80 Plus are not recommended for use in helicopter with a common sump for the engine and transmission. The anti-wear additives makes the oil more slippery than regular single grades. This can cause the transmission to slip. The product is not recommended for the breaking in of a new engine for the same reason.
Health and Safety
AeroShell W100 Plus and W80 Plus are unlikely to present any significant health or safety hazard when properly used in the recommended application, and good standards of industrial and personal hygiene are maintained.